Work With Us
We’re always interested in working with people who are either new, or new to us. To manage your expectations, we make about two books a year and always prefer to staff our books with a combination of new and familiar freelancers. That amounts to a small pool of opportunities, but small is not zero.
Sometimes we hold open calls for writers and artists on Twitter (@exstasisgames) but from May 2023 we’re also opening a submissions inbox for artists and writers.
Send your information to submissions dot exstasisgames at gmail dot com. We’ll be in touch when/if we find an opportunity to work with you.
Please include the following information in your emaill.
- Your name, social media handles, and links to any places we can check you out online. If you have an online gallery, provide a link. If not, attach at least three samples of your art, watermarked if possible (that’s not for our benefit; always watermark your sample art)
- Your preferred genres or styles.
- Anything you WON’T draw.
- Any experience you have with illustrating for tabletop roleplaying games (experience is not essential).
- Any experience you have with illustrating for printed works (again, not essential).
- How long you usually need for (a) a full-body character portrait, (b) a half-page illustration with 1-2 figures and a moderately complex background, and (c) a full-page illustration with complex background, both in colour. Please take into account your usual workload, not just the time you spend on an individual piece.
- How much you charge for (a), (b), and (c).
Please include the following information in your email:
- Your name, social media handles, and links to any places we can check you out online. If you have examples of your work online, provide a link. If not, attach 3–5 samples of your work. We prefer samples of TTRPG writing that include both narrative and mechanics (~500–1,000 words each), but we’ll review whatever you have: fiction, technical writing, or anything else you feel shows your skills.
- Your preferred genres or content (e.g., prefer adventures/scenarios, rules development, etc.).
- Any experience you have with writing for tabletop roleplaying games (experience is not essential).
- Tell us your usual per word rate, but we will almost always offer our standard rate (which for 2023 is $0.12).